If you’re a fan of pulled pork, you’ll love how simple this recipe is! Pulled pork sliders are the perfect easy weeknight meal idea. The little sandwiches are also a fun idea for tailgates, parties, or large family gatherings.
Pulled pork is easy to make and prep ahead of time to make meal planning easier on busy summer nights, or as your family gets ready to return to head back to school.
These recipe is for use in the Instant Pot, but you can also make the pulled pork in the Crock Pot by putting the meat in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours and shredding with a fork when done.
Have access to a smoker? Try this smoked pulled pork recipe here!
My favorite thing about pulled pork recipes is that you can make a large amount of pulled pork in bulk and use the leftovers later in the week for another recipe like pulled pork tacos or nachos.
Cooking in bulk and repurposing your leftovers makes meal planning and prep a snap!
Need some ideas for weeknight family meals you can make using pulled pork? Head here for the absolute best pulled pork meal ideas!
How to Make Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sliders for dinner tonight
1. Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot®. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and half the pork shoulder and season with one-half teaspoon garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, to taste. Sear until pork is browned on all sides, approximately 1-2 minutes per side, before transferring to a large, rimmed plate. Set aside.
2. Repeat Step #2 with another tablespoon olive oil and the remaining pork and garlic powder. Season with additional salt and black pepper, as desired. Once seared, transfer to the rimmed plate with the rest of the pork and set aside.
3. Add remaining olive oil, plus the red onion and shallot. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft, approximately 3-4 minutes.
4. Deglaze Instant Pot® by adding the chicken broth and gently scraping the bottom of the container with a plastic spatula to loosen any browned bits. Pour in the apple cider vinegar and three-quarter cups BBQ sauce. Return the seared pork and its juices to the unit and cover, locking the lid into place.
5. Set the pressure valve to “sealing” and select the “Manual” option on the highest setting. Adjust cook time to 50 minutes.
6. While the pork is cooking, prepare the cabbage slaw by adding the cabbage to a large bowl. Mix the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, ground cumin, and garlic powder in a smaller bowl before adding to the larger bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
7. When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
8. Carefully remove lid and shred the pork with two forks. Allow the shredded pork to sit in the warm liquid for 5 minutes to soak up more flavor before serving, if desired.
9. To serve, transfer the shredded pork with tongs to a large bowl and toss with remaining BBQ sauce. To serve, divide the shredded pork between the toasted slider buns and top with some of the cabbage slaw. Enjoy!
More Dinner Ideas: