Start getting cash back on gas today! Download the GetUpside App here.
Wondering how to save money on gas for your car, without upgrading to an expensive fuel efficient vehicle? Keep reading!
Our family is frugal, so we are always looking for ways to save a buck here and there.
Although we are not extreme couponers, or anything like that, we do like to find creative and simple ways to save on neccessary costs of living like groceries, housing, utilities, and transportation.
Gas prices haven’t been crazy high lately, but I remember living in Chicago several years ago and the gas prices being as high as $4.00 (or more) per gallon! I drove an SUV at that time as well, so my gas bill would be as much as $80 to fill up…and I was a broke student!
I only wish I had access to the tools I have now that help me save money on gas each week.
Our favorite way to save money on gas is to use our Kroger Fuel Points program.
We grocery shop at Kroger every week, and each time we shop we earn points that help us save on gas for our car.
Sometimes I save as much as 70 cents per gallon, but typically it’s about 30 to 40 cents per gallon.
We live by this program, but unfortunately our route from our house to our office does not conveniently include a Kroger gas station.
That means sometimes we are in a bit of a pinch when we plan poorly and end up low on gas.
We were looking for a way to save on gas at other non-Kroger gas stations (and we don’t use credit cards like some do to get cash back).
That’s when we stumbled upon the GetUpside App.
GetUpside Gas Savings App
GetUpside is an app that gives you money back on gas.
You use the app to find a participating gas station, fill up, and collect cash back which you can either cash in for gift cards or have it sent to your PayPal or as a check in the mail.
How to Use the GetUpside App to Save Money on Gas
- Simply open up the app, when you need to find a gas station near you.
- A map will pull up and locate gas stations near you that participate in the program.
- Scroll to find the location that suits you best.
- Hit the claim button.
- You will have a time limit for how long until you need to use the deal before it expires (but it’s usually several hours).
- When you get to the gas station that you’ve selected, hit “Check In”
- It will ask you for the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of the credit or debit card you are going to use so it can verify you did in fact get gas at that location.
- You also have the option to upload your receipt. If the GPS can’t detect that you are physically at the location where you are checking in, it will ask you to upload a receipt as well.
- And just like that you will receive cash back in the app after the transaction clears.
You can cash out in gift cards, PayPal, or have a check mailed to you!
This is a great way to earn cash back on gas without using credit cards.
Download GetUpside and start earning cash back! Use code SHANNON23442 for a 15 cent per gallon bonus.
What gas stations participate in the GetUpside cash back program?
From using the app myself, it appears that most popular gas stations are available. I didn’t have trouble finding a nearby gas station when I used it for the first time.
Here are a few of the gas stations that pop up near me when I open up the app:
- Valero + Circle K
- E-Z Mart
GetUpside App Review
You’re probably wondering if the GetUpside App is legit, and after using the app myself, I do think this is a great program!
I love to find little ways to save money on the things that I need to buy anyway, and the GetUpside App helps our family earn cash back on gas for our car which is awesome!
My husband has been using the app for several months now, so I had to jump on board and I’m glad I can now share it with you.
Although our Kroger card savings are usually more lucrative, we don’t always have the option to stop at a Kroger gas station due to the inconvenience of our location.
Therefore, I enjoy having the option to use the GetUpside App to save money on gas and earn cash and rewards.
Don’t forget to download the GetUpside App here, and start earning cash back today!
You might also like: