Make waiting for the meal a little easier with this super cute Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board! It’s super easy to make, and guests love it!
How to make a Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board
Making charcuterie boards and snack trays is so much fun! They are such a show-stopping dish to bring to an event, or to offer guests!
You don’t need an artsy eye, or to pay large amounts of money to have someone design one for you – you can just make your own Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board!
We made ours with a mix of sweet and savory foods. We made ours just big enough to keep guests from being hungry before the big meal, but not full by the time it’s ready!
Supplies needed for this Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board
- Thanksgiving Themed Tray (we found our thankful tray at Pop Shelf)
- Thanksgiving Themed Snacks (mix it up between sweet and savory)
Step 1: Get your tray out and make sure it’s washed before you place food directly on it.
Step 2: Gather your Thanksgiving snack foods and open packages to make putting your Thanksgiving snack tray together easy.
We found a lot of foods in the bakery section! Check out the fall themed snacks at your local grocery store!
Step 3: Start with your biggest items and then work your way to smaller items to make sure your board has balance.
You can buy your pumpkin roll, or you can make it using this foolproof pumpkin roll recipe!
Step 4: We used mini fall and Thanksgiving-themed cookie cutters to shape our cheese and summer sausage like pumpkins and turkeys! Get creative using cookie cutters and even small bowls to hold fall-themed snacks.
Step 5: Make groupings of like items and be sure to split up colors etc to make it most appealing to the eye. Charcuterie boards are not hard to create, you just need a lot of options in different types of foods!
Charcuterie Board Tips and FAQs
Making a charcuterie board for a special occasion or holiday doesn’t have to be difficult! Sure, you can roll meat and cheese into roses, and make intricate designs with nuts and herbs. But, you can also arrange fun foods on a tray to make a special snack for your guests too!
- Sweet & Savory. Mix up the amount of sweet and savory so that your board has a good balance for guests to choose from.
- Color. Split up colors on your board to make it more visually appealing!
- Diet Restrictions. Make sure you know if any guests are coming that have special food needs like peanut or dairy allergies, or intolerances to gluten.
- Containers. Small loose foods can be more fun and less messy to try and eat if you place them in small containers. Use holiday shaped containers, cookie cutters, and pinch bowls to hold loose items.
- Boards & Trays. Choosing a charcuterie board is so much fun! Check the dollar store and Hobby Lobby for fun options!
Store your Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board wrapped in saran wrap and in a cool, dry place until ready to serve. These are best made the day of your event.
Thanksgiving Snack Tray Variations
- Meat & Cheese. Classic charcuterie boards contain meat and cheese. Make that work here by using mini cookie cutters to cut your meat and cheese into fun fall shapes!
- Allergens. Make guests aware of common allergens that your snack tray may include.
- Homemade. Skip the store-bought to keep your costs down by making snacks to put on your Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board like this pumpkin roll recipe, or these cute mini pumpkin cheesecake bites!
- Charcuterie Board
- Thanksgiving Themed Snacks
- Get your tray out and make sure it's washed before you place food directly on it.
- Gather your Thanksgiving snack foods and open packages to make putting your Thanksgiving snack tray together easy.
- Start with your biggest items and then work your way to smaller items to make sure your board has balance.
- We used mini cookie cutters to shape cheese and summer sausage like pumpkins and turkeys. Fall shaped small bowls etc also work well for holding small items!
- Make groupings of like items and be sure to split up colors etc to make it most appealing to the eye. Charcuterie boards are not hard to create, you just need a lot of options in different types!