12 Best Pumpkin Patches near Fort Worth, TX (and Dallas!)
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend- at no additional cost to you! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting this blog! Full disclosure here.
Looking for a pumpkin patch in Fort Worth or Dallas this year?
The good news is, you can’t go wrong!
There are all types of pumpkin patches in Fort Worth, Dallas and in all the surrounding areas to choose from.
Going to a pumpkin patch is one of the many great fall activities you can do as a family. Make sure to check out all the other ways you can have a fun fall on a budget as well.
Fun and Frugal Fall Ideas
- DIY pumpkin decor ideas
- DIY Halloween decor ideas
- Easy DIY Halloween costumes
- Halloween party on a budget
- Fall decor under $20
How to be frugal while finding pumpkin patches in Dallas-Fort Worth
Pumpkin patches in Fort Worth and Dallas can range from being free to as expensive as $24.95 per person.
When deciding how frugal you want to be, think of this:
- Do you want to go for the whole day, or part?
- Do you want to only pick pumpkins? Or have plenty of fun fall activities as well?
- Do you want to take pictures?
The pumpkin patches at Fort Worth and Dallas churches seem to be the most frugal. You can drive up, park at the church for free, and go right into the pumpkin patch. Usually, the costs seem to benefit a ministry within the church too which is a bonus.
However, there are many pumpkin patches in Fort Worth and Dallas with lots of added entertainment. Some places have over 20 activities all bundled into one price.
To make choosing a pumpkin patch near you as smooth as possible, I have divided up the options by town below.
Make sure to tell us at the bottom which one you ended up choosing and why!
Grab this Free Pumpkin Patch Scavenger Hunt to add another frugal activity to your day at the patch!
Pumpkin Patches Near Me- Dallas and Fort Worth, By Town
Choose your pumpkin patch based on town, or based on fun activities! All the information is included below, with links to their websites for even more information such as address and more.
This cute farm is located 25 minutes north of Fort Worth. It is much more than just a pumpkin patch though! It features a corn maze that is over two acres. Some of the husks are over nine feet tall! This will be an unforgettable time with your family and friends.
- Open: Friday, October 1, 2021 at 3 pm
- Prices: $15 for 12 and up, $10 for 4-10, and 3 and under are FREE
- Included: Corn maze and parking
- Not Included: Hayrides $5
- Other Notes: Price is FREE during weekdays; cash only
15 minutes outside of Fort Worth, this pumpkin patch is unique- it is indoor!
This pumpkin patch is actually in the atrium at Midcities Montessori School in Bedford.
According to their website, high school students run the whole pumpkin patch. They use the proceeds for a competition they travel to each year.
The best part? They also create custom decorated pumpkins!
You can ask for a pumpkin to be designed to represent your alma mater, favorite team, or any other idea you provide to them!
- Open: waiting for more information for the 2021 season
- Prices: Free for everything but the pumpkin
- Other Notes: Custom-designed pumpkins can be ordered here.
Howell Family Farms was founded in 1912. It hosts Pumpkin Nights in September and October. Going to the pumpkin patch also includes a walking path and the “world’s largest pumpkin guitar”.
- Open: September 23-October 31
- Prices: $23 for 13+, $16 for 4-12, 3 and under FREE
- Other Notes: Prices cheaper during weekdays
The pumpkin patch is held on the beautiful front lawn of First Christian Church.
There are over 5000 pumpkins and gourds to choose from. Lots of variety!
You can find updated information as it comes on their Facebook page.
- Open: October 14-31 from 11 am to 7 pm
- Prices: Free (minus the pumpkins)
- Included: Games, story reading time corner, fun activities, opportunities for photo sessions
- Other Notes: Prices of pumpkin range from $0.50 to $30 depending on size
SJA UMC is another budget-friendly place to take the family for pumpkin patches in Dallas-Fort Worth. The proceeds support the youth missions for the church.
- Open: September 27-October 31, from 10 am to 8 pm
- Prices: Free (minus the pumpkins)
- Other Notes: A great place to take family photos!
This great pumpkin patch is both 35 minutes north of Fort Worth and 35 minutes north of Dallas.
This makes it a great go-to whether you are looking for pumpkin patches near Fort Worth or pumpkin patches near Dallas.
Ever struggle to get your kid to leave after a fun day at the pumpkin patch?
Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch makes it a bit easier. While you are there, you are provided a wagon to choose your pumpkins. At the end, you can use the wagon to take your pumpkins to the car- and you can put your kiddos in it too! They will enjoy the fun ride out of the pumpkin patch.
- Open: October 1-31, 9 am to 7 pm
- Prices: $10 for parking on weekdays, $20 on weekends
- Included: All activities
- Not Included: Parking, pumpkins start as low as $2
- Other Notes: Due to Covid, it is reservation-only, which can be done on their website
Pumpkin Patches in Dallas
It’s the 16th annual Autumn at the Arboretum! The arboretum features over 90,000 pumpkins, gourds, and squash. According to their website, they now have a new pumpkin area, with the theme being Bugtopia!
You can also make this trip budget-friendly. Every Wednesday, they offer a BOGO option. You can buy one ticket, and then get one for free!
- Open: Daily from 9 am to 5 pm
- Prices: $12-17, members free
- Included: “larger-than-life insect topiaries, fascinatingly bugged-out pumpkin houses, and, of course, a maze for younger visitors” according to their events section
- Other Notes: Tickets do need to be purchased in advance, which can be done here.
If you go to the farmers market in Dallas, you will see that in the fall they have their own pumpkin patch. There are 25 pumpkin varieties to choose from, all from Texas!
- Open: September 18- October 31: Monday-Friday 10 am to 6 pm, Saturday 9 am to 5 pm, Sunday 10 am to 5 pm
- Prices: Free for the farmers market entry
- Included: All the fun at the farmers market!
Located at the intersection of Audelia and McCree, just north of Northwest Highway, this pumpkin patch supports southwestern farmers and the student ministries at the church.
- Open: October 2, Sunday 11:30 am to 7 pm, Monday-Thursday 1 pm to 7 pm, Friday and Saturday from 10 am to 7pm
- Prices: Free (minus the pumpkins)
- Included: Fun family photo opportunities
Go for pumpkin picking, but stay the whole day for family fun! The website calls Mainstay Farm “Texas’ biggest backyard”!
- Open: September 24- October 31, Friday-Sunday
- Prices: Pre-season tickets are available for $16.95 per person, with 2 and under free. At the gate they cost $28.95.
- Included: Over 20 different types of activities, including a “triple decker treehouse fort”, a kiddie trike track, and a ferris wheel.
- Not Included in price: Food, fresh lemonade, and their infamous wine chillers
- Notes: Make sure to buy tickets online
This fun farm is 30-35 minutes south of both Fort Worth and Dallas. It offers 15 acres that are in the shade. This makes this pumpkin patch perfect for the days where the southwest hasn’t gotten the “Autumn weather” memo yet.
- Open: October 2-31, Saturdays 10 am to 6 pm, Sundays 1 pm to 6 pm
- Prices: $12 per person (seniors, first responders, and veterans $10), ages 2 and under are free
- Included: Hayrides, corn maze, giant jump pad, swings, and games
- Notes: Cash preferred
Make your pumpkin picking memorable with a petting zoo!
- Open: October 2 through November 14, Saturdays and Sundays 10 am to 5 pm
- Prices: $12 per person, 2 and under are free, seniors are $6
- Included: bouncy house, tractor and train playground, pony rides, hayrides, and more.
- Notes: Weekdays are available by reservation
There you have it, 12 pumpkin patches in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. After you finish picking out your perfect pumpkin, we have other ideas of what you can do for fun pumpkin time with your family in the fall!
Other pumpkin ideas
The frugal fun doesn’t stop once Halloween is over. Check out these fun halloween candy recipes.
Are we missing a great pumpkin patch in Fort Worth or Dallas that needs to be added? Let me know in the comments below so no one misses out!