Halloween Jalapeno Mummies Appetizer Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you purchase something I recommend- at no additional cost to you! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting this blog! Full disclosure here.
Get ready for spooky season with these adorably scary Halloween Jalapeno Mummies!
This spicy snack is the perfect Halloween party appetizer or movie night treat for the family. It’s easy enough for enough a beginner home chef to create, but looks like you spent all day in the kitchen showing off your “Pinterest” mom skills!
Grab just a few simple ingredients, and get ready to make this easy Halloween appetizer, mummy jalapeños!
How long does it take to make jalapeno mummies?
These festive Halloween appetizers will be ready in about 40 minutes, including 20 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes to bake.
- Serving: 14 jalapeno mummies
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
What ingredients are needed to make Halloween Jalapeno Mummies?
- 7-10 large jalapenos
- ¾ cups cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 6 sliced and cooked bacon (optional)
- 2 pieces puff pastry
- 28-40 candy eyes (for decoration)
- Egg yolk (for puff pastry)
How to make Halloween Jalapeno Mummies for your next party or movie night!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon.
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Spread the cheese mixture into the jalapenos with the help of a spoon.
- Slice the puff pastry into thin strips with a pizza cutter.
- Wrap 2-3 strips around the stuffed jalapenos.
- Leave some space for the eyes.
- Brush egg yolk on the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take them out and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the candy eyes on the jalapenos.