We love a good quick and easy chicken dinner recipe in our house!
Chicken is a fairly affordable meat, and it can be used to make a variety of dinner recipes.
It’s easy to get tired of eating the same thing, but as a beginner home chef (and busy mom of littles), I don’t necessarily love the idea of experimenting with a complicated new recipe.
A simple way to change up dinner without learning a bunch of new cooking skills, is to use a few new seasonings or marinades with a familiar cooking method (like baked chicken).
I think you’ll love this quick and easy Lemon Rosemary Garlic Chicken Recipe to spice up your weekly meal plan.
What ingredients do you need to make Lemon Rosemary Garlic Chicken?
- 4 Large chicken breasts
- 1 large lemon
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic; minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What baking supplies are helpful to have on hand to make Lemon Rosemary Garlic Chicken?
How to make Easy Lemon Rosemary Garlic Chicken for dinner tonight
First, make sure to preheat your oven to 375 degrees F before you start gathering your supplies, so it will be ready for your chicken to bake once you have prepared all of the ingredients.
Grab a large baking dish (9″ x 13″) and drizzle olive oil on the bottom of the pan.
Place chicken breasts into the baking dish.
Rub the tops of the chicken breasts with minced garlic, then slice the lemon and place the lemon slices (rounds) all over the chicken breasts.
Sprinkle rosemary and salt over the top.
Finally, cover the chicken with foil and place it in the oven to bake.
Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, you can also broil the top if you desire browning.
Tips to make this Lemon Rosemary Garlic Chicken recipe extremely frugal
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts $1.99/lb
- Large lemon 0.89 cents
- Fresh rosemary $1.99
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil approx. 0.10 cents
- 1 head of garlic 0.50 cents
Estimated cost of this meal (Kroger): Approximately $1.37 per serving
- Although this recipe calls for chicken breasts, you can cut costs by using whatever cut of chicken is on sale at your grocery store this week (thighs, breasts, cutlets, etc).
- Buy meat in bulk, separate and freeze into individual dinner portions to be thawed out and used as needed.
- Consider growing fresh herbs (like rosemary, cilantro, basil) in a garden if you use them frequently in recipes.
What’s your favorite weeknight chicken recipe? Let me know in the comments and I hope you love this one too!