I simply can’t say no to Funfetti! These Funfetti crepes are the perfect celebration breakfast idea for back to school or birthdays.
Who says breakfast has to be reserved for oatmeal or bacon and eggs? Not in this house! We are ALL IN with these adorable pink funfetti crepes with sprinkles and whipped cream.
If you’ve never made crepes before, you’ll be surprised to find out that it’s very easy to do! They are basically a really flat, thin pancake.
I love that you could customize this breakfast idea for any holiday or event by changing the color or sprinkles. I’m already dreaming of red and green “Grinch” style crepes for Christmas morning! So fun!
Get ready to enjoy these funfetti crepes all of the time once you get a small taste!
You’ll also love: Easy Breakfast Ideas for Kids
What ingredients do you need to make Funfetti Crepes?
Ingredients needed for the Filling:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8oz neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- One tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp+ of Funfetti sprinkles
Ingredients needed for the crepes:
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp canola oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
How to Make Funfetti Crepes
Funfetti Crepe Filling Steps
- First, whip the heavy cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks begin to form. Set aside briefly.
- Grab a second mixing bowl and beat together the neufchatel cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Next, fold together the whipped cream and the neufchatel mixture and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Wait until you are ready to use the filling to mix in the funfetti sprinkles. This will avoid possible staining of the filling from the sprinkles.
To Make the Crepes:
- First, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a 6-8” nonstick pan over Medium-Low heat.
- Then, add 2 Tbsp of batter and tilt the pan to spread and form a circle.
- Cook until it begins to firm (30-60 seconds), then flip and cook an additional 10 seconds.
- Remove to a plate and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Repeat the process until you are out of batter (the recipe makes about 20 crepes).
A few important tips:
- If the batter is sticking, spray lightly with cooking spray before adding batter.
- To tint pink (or the color of your choice), add several drops of food coloring to the batter, re-blend and continue as above.
How to Assemble your Funfetti Crepes
- One by one, lay a crepe flat and spoon or pipe a strip of frosting down the center.
- Roll up like a taquito or flip in half, like a soft taco.
- Serve immediately, topped with additional whipped cream and funfetti sprinkles, if desired.
This recipe appeared first on our baking site What’s Bethany Baking. Check it out for fun baking ideas!
Leave a Reply