These Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars are a great addition to your holiday baking! They’re so easy to make, and work great for parties!
Baking during the holidays is one of our favorite things to do! The kids get in and help, it warms up the house, and then we have something delicious to go with our hot cocoa!
If you don’t have (or don’t want to take) the time to make individual sugar cookies, sugar cookie bars are just as delicious, but with none of the fuss of traditional sugar cookie recipes. Grab a couple of ingredients, and make these festive treats in no time!
Christmas Sugar Cookies Ideas
Use these ideas for your Christmas cookies this year:
- Frosting. Change the color of the frosting to make these sugar cookies match whatever theme you want them to!
- Flavor. Use a different cookie mix to make different flavors of these cookies!
- Sprinkles. Change the sprinkles to fit your occasion! We used classic red and green, but you could use any kind of sprinkle blend you wanted!
How to make Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars
Step 1. Gather your ingredients!
You will need:
- (2) 17.5 oz packages of Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- Frosting (We used 16 oz White Cake Frosting)
Step 2. Mix the cookie mixes, eggs, and butter together until they form a soft dough. It will be sticky.
Step 3. Spread the mixture evenly into an ungreased 9×13 baking pan using a silicone spatula. Try to make the top even.
Bake at 325 F for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Step 4. Let your Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars cool, and then frost them completely.
Step 5. While your frosting is still tacky, sprinkle on the toppings you want to add. Use sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, candy pieces, or whatever else sounds delicious!
Step 6. Cut and serve your Christmas sugar cookie bars immediately for the freshest cookies, or wait up to one week if you keep them covered in a cool dry place!
These sugar cookie bars are a super simple Christmas sugar cookie recipe, and they turn out delicious! They’re great for when you need a last minute dessert you can throw together fast.
Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars Tips:
- Cookie Mix. Want a thinner cookie bar? Use one package of cookie mix, and only one egg and half a cup of butter and cook for 20 minutes!
- Edges. Make sure you spread the cookie dough to the very edges of the pan for a nice square shape.
- Servings. This Christmas sugar cookie bars recipe should serve 24 people easily!
- Storage. Store in a cool, dry place, covered, for up to a week.
- (2) Packages Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix (17.5 ounce)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 325 (350 if using an aluminum pan).
- Mix the two packages of cookie mix, butter, and eggs together in a large mixing bowl using a fork or hand mixer.
- Spread the dough evenly into an ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 325 (or 350 if using an aluminum pan) for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 30 minutes to an hour before frosting.
- Frost your sugar cookie bars and add sprinkles or toppings.
- Store for up to a week, covered, in a cool, dry place.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g