WOW! This Weight Watchers 0 Points Homemade Spaghetti Sauce recipe is a classic, found in a 2002 Weight Watchers recipe swap group online, and it’s certainly a keeper.
It’s really 0 points because it’s all vegetables. This is a great appetizer recipe too, if you want to use it as a dipping sauce!
Weight Watchers 0 Points Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can water (from tomato can)
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Splenda or Stevia sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
Spray pan with cooking spray and heat over medium
Add onion and pepper and saute for 5 minutes, spraying pan/veggies 2 times
Stir in all other ingredients
Simmer on low for 45 minutes
Top over thin spaghetti noodles or use as a dipping sauce!