Need some new and creative school lunch ideas for picky eaters this time of year? These school lunches are a great option for picky kids! Get out of the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches rut, and jump on in to these healthy lunch ideas that even the pickiest eater will love!
If you’re constantly struggling to get your younger children to try new foods, I can totally relate! Having a picky eater in the house (or multiple picky eaters for that matter) can definitely make it difficult to come up with different foods for your child’s lunchbox each day.
These easy school lunch ideas will have you confidently packing healthy foods for your fussy eaters, even if you can’t get your kids to touch lunch meat! There are a variety of foods that can be packed in bento boxes or cut into fun shapes, that will encourage your kids to try new things this school year.
Look no further than this huge list of school lunch ideas for picky eaters for inspiration and encouragement as the new school year approaches. You and your kids will love these healthy options for easy lunch ideas (that aren’t just sandwiches).
Kid’s Lunchbox Supplies for Packing School Lunch
If you’re like me, you’re probably no stranger to whipping up peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, throwing them in a ziploc baggy and calling it good. I’ve found that using bento style lunch boxes has helped increase my creativity when prepping lunches for my kids.
Bento boxes are great because they have several small compartments. My picky eaters are more likely to try new things in small portions, so I try to add a few food items that I know they’re going to love, with a couple new ones.
I’ve also found that packing my kids lunch with cute little animal shaped food picks or a cookie cutter, encourages them to have fun with their food and eat more.
Here are a few of our favorite lunch packing supplies for a back to school non sandwich lunch box:
- Bentgo Lunch Box (young kids, smaller compartments)
- Bentgo Lunch Box (adults & teens)
- Omie Box (Use to pack hot or cold food in your child’s lunch box)
- Planetbox rover (fun stainless steel bento box option)
- Small Thermos (pack soups, pasta, or nuggets)
- Silicone Muffin Cups (use these for dips, or to further separate lunch box compartments)
- Animal Food Picks (use instead of forks as a fun way to pick up fruit, or make “kabobs”)
- Snap Close Reusable Sandwich bags (easy to clean!)
Need some great ideas for keeping your child’s food warm until lunch time? Head here for the best ways to pack hot lunch.
The struggle of what to pack for lunch every day can be very daunting, especially if you have a picky eater!
If you’re a mom, then there are days when it may seem impossible to think up new ideas altogether- which can be hard on your kids if they find themselves eating the same sandwich each day with no variations.
But no worries! It’s sometimes hard to strike that balance between healthy and appetizing choices. We have got you covered. Make sure to save this list of 32 creative non-sandwich school lunch ideas for picky eaters that will make packing lunches exciting again!
You’re going to make your kids happy and healthy with these awesome lunch ideas! Let us know which ones you tried in the comments below.
More lunch ideas for picky eaters:
- 41 Hot Lunch Ideas for School
- 32 Sandwich Lunch Ideas for School
- Easy Frugal Lunch Ideas for Kids
- Back to School Lunch Box Ideas for Kids
- Waffle Taco Lunch Box
- Taco Pinwheels Lunch Box
- Pepperoni pizzadilla lunch box
- Rainbow pinwheel lunch box
- Spinach pizzadilla lunch box
- Grilled cheese kabob lunch box
- PB banana sushi lunch box
- Pizza Dippers School lunch recipe